HOPKINS COUNTY, KY (12/1/11) – Local artists Donna Brooks has received national recognition for her illustrations in award-winning children’s books.
USABookNews.com, the premiere online magazine and review website for mainstream and independent publishing houses, announced the winners and finalists of THE USA “BEST BOOKS 2011” AWARDS on November 1, 2011. Over 500 winners and finalists were announced in over 140 categories covering print, e-books and audio books.
Jeffrey Keen, President and CEO of USA Book News, said this year’s contest yielded an unprecedented number of entries, which were then narrowed down to over 500 winners and finalists.
Award highlights include the following:
• Ivan Becomes a Hero, by Linda Rossetti Brocato and Illustrator Donna Brooks (Heart to Heart Publishing, Inc.) was honored Best Book Award Finalist in Children’s Religious Category.
• Why Stars Are in the Sky, written by Joseph T. Charles and Illustrated by Donna Brooks (Heart to Heart Publishing, Inc.) was honored with Best Book Award Finalist in Children’s Hard Cover Fiction Category.
• Prodigal Father Pagan Son: Growing Up Inside the Dangerous World of the Pagans Motorcycle Club by Anthony Menginie and Kerrie Droban (St. Martin’s Press) was honored in the “Autobiography/Memoirs” category
• Oprah: A Biography by Kitty Kelley (Crown Books/Random House) was awarded “Best Biography”
• The 24-Hour Customer: New Rules for Winning in a Time-Starved, Always-Connected Economy by Adrian C. Ott (Harper Business) won the “Best Business Book”
• Perfect One-Dish Dinners: All You Need for Easy Get-Togethers by Pam Anderson (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) placed number one in “Cookbooks”
• The Daughter’s Walk by Jane Kirkpatrick (Water Brook/Random House) took home the “Best General Fiction” prize
• Department Thirteen by James Houston Turner (Comfort Publishing) was awarded hottest new “Thriller/Adventure”
• Hell on Two Wheels: An Astonishing Story of Suffering, Triumph, and the Most Extreme Endurance Race in the World by Amy Snyder (Triumph Books, a division of Random House) snagged top honors in “Health”, “Non-Fiction Narrative” and “Sports”
• Alexander and the Great Berry Patch, by Linda J. Hawkins, and Illustrator Donna Eaves (Heart to Heart Publishing, Inc.) honored as Best Book Award in Children’s Category Educational.
Contact Donna if you are interested in purchasing an art piece featured on this page, or would like to get in touch with the artist for possible commission.